I can’t believe we are already a week into November. Before we know it Christmas will be here. We are already reminded that Christmas is around the corner, even though we haven’t even celebrated Thanksgiving yet, every time we enter a store. I love Christmas, but I also love celebrating each season.
With that being said, I wanted to share my favorite fall recipes. I love making these over and over again. Some of them well into the winter months as well. Let’s just say I puree a lot of pumpkin and freeze it, so I can have my pumpkin smoothies, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin mac’n’cheese, and pumpkin desserts throughout the fall and winter months.
Don’t get ahead of yourself by starting to think of winter foods, especially when fall offers some great fruits and squashes. My back porch has boxes of the fall and winter squashes, as well as sugar pie pumpkins. I have already begun freezing some pumpkin, but I have lots left to freeze.
You’ll find most of these are gluten free and vegan. Hope you find something new to make this weekend 😉
Celebrate fall with some of my favorite fall recipes:
Soups / Chili’s
- Vegan Black Bean & Butternut Squash Chili – This is one of my favorite vegan meals in the fall. Meat eaters even love it!! It’s just as hearty as beef chili…I swear!! Just made a pot on Sunday.
- Vegan Butternut Squash Soup – A great creamy soup with the flavors of the fall.
- Hearty Pumpkin Chili – Very similar to my Vegan Black Bean & Butternut Squash Chili. Just as good!! It’s also vegan.
- Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Mac’n’Cheese -Who doesn’t love Mac’n’Cheese? Don’t be fooled by the pumpkin in this dish. It’s actually a great combination and a favorite in our house.
- Roasted Parmesan Butternut Squash – This is one of Marc’s favorite dishes. It’s super simple and takes 30 minutes to make.
- Apple Spinach Grilled Cheese – Yes apples and cheese are a great pair for a sandwich. And of course this is great with Tomato Soup.
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie – Literally tastes like pumpkin pie in a cup!!
- Flourless Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes & Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes – You know I love pancakes. These are two of my favorite pumpkin varieties for pancakes. I use GF oats to make these both gluten free and they are both vegan. The pumpkin spiced pancakes have the spices you find in pumpkin pie!! chocolate and pumpkin were made for each other, hence the need for chocolate pumpkin pancakes.
- Egg Nog Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl French Toast – If you have time to prepare the Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread, make enough for making french toast. You won’t be disappointed. Believe me you’ll leave your hubby & kids happy!! This is completely vegan, and there’s an option for GF.
- Pumpkin Spiced Oatmeal Breakfast Squares – Another vegan & GF breakfast option. Bake oatmeal is simple to make. I simply used my traditional recipe and added in some spice and pumpkin.
- Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread -This is a favorite among family and friends. I always make a bunch of loaves and give them away for Christmas. A moist bread with festive flavors.
- Spiced Cranberry Sauce – Perfect blend of sweet and tart. I add apricots to mine, and some orange zest with ginger. It has great flavor. Less sugar than the traditional cranberry sauce.
- Pumpkin Brownies (vegan) – Again chocolate and pumpkin were made for each other. And yes vegan brownies are just as good, or better in my opinion, as traditional brownies. Ooey, gooey!! Sugar free too!!
- Pumpkin Bars (vegan & GF) – These were an accident, but they turned out to be amazing. My sister loves pumpkin bars, and I wanted to try making some that were vegan and gluten free. They are definitely moist, but heavy.
- Vegan Pumpkin Chia Pudding Bake – An accidental recipe that is now a household favorite. I love it topped with coconut whipped cream, and love it for breakfast.
Muffins / Cookies
- Ginger Molasses Cookies – Holiday favorite that really can be made any time of year.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – vegan
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins -vegan
You can browse my recipe page for more great recipe ideas. I couldn’t possible add them all!! Have a great weekend and Happy Baking!!
Until Next Time Be Whole and Be Fit
What’s your favorite recipe for the fall?