I am finally getting around to sharing my goals and dreams for 2017. I guess it’s better late than never right?! We are nearly done with the month of January, and I have finally sat down to write out my goals and plans for 2017. I guess I needed to put some thought and time into what I really wanted to accomplish, instead of what I thought I needed to accomplish. It hasn’t been easy deciphering between what is necessary and what is not.
Sometimes I can get into the habit of doing what I think others what me to do and forgetting my real passions. I waste time on what isn’t even a real desire or passion. For me goals and dreams should be well thought out. They should have meaning and depth.
I like what Oiselle did in their #wheelsup2017. It was a challenge to Run and Reject. I am running with bigger dreams, setting goals in my personal life and my running life. I am rejecting fear and negativity. I don’t want to let fear hold me back from dreaming big. I don’t want my own negative voice to tear me down. Instead I will become my own personal cheerleader/coach, run-squad, believing in myself and knowing who I am in Christ.
So for 2017 I my dreams are bigger maybe than they ever have been and dreams I am not afraid to attempt. That I will proceed fearlessly in 2017 and shine bright. With that being said, here are my dreams for 2017.
- Hike More & Get Outside More – I want to explore more areas where I live. We are within minutes of great trails and I want to utilize this blessing of having nature at my disposal so to speak. To adventure more with my children.
- Run a sub 2:50 marathon – I want to PR in the marathon, and going sub 2:50 would be a 4 minute PR. It’s a challenging goal, and I know I will have to work hard but I want to go for it.
- Go For It – I am always to scared to leave it all out on the course. I have never ran any race in this manner, always finishing with more in the tank. I want to reach empty.
- NO REGRETS – Living everyday with no regrets in my actions or my words.
- No FEAR – living fearlessly, and not letting fear dictate my actions.
- More Yoga – I used to do this twice a week, but kids entered the picture and my time redirected. I want to make time for this again.
- Resting More – Something I have always struggled with. I want to not only rest physically, but mentally as well. Resting in Him.
- Worry Less – This goes along with resting more in Him and giving Him my burdens. Trusting in Him.
- Making More Time For My Daily Word – I need His encouragement & promises, to know His voice. This will help me through challenges and in my daily walk.
- Listen To My Body – I need to know when to back off, and when to push more in almost all areas of my life. Being gentle with my body.
- PRAY – Instead of complaining and stressing, I need to be praying. Pressing into Him.
- Be Present with My Family – In a society so engulfed with themselves and social media, I want to stand out, being present and real. I don’t want my phone to follow me into every conversation I have with my husband or friends, and every “play time” I have with my kids. I want to be fully present in their lives, giving them all my attention.
- Be REAL – I want real conversation, real life, challenges and moments. I want to be open and vulnerable with not only my family, but with all of you who read my blog.
I didn’t put how often I would do yoga, or how much time I would dedicate to prayer, because I found that if I put a number to it, it will seem more like chore. I want these goals to be something that I will naturally begin to do, not something I have to add to my “To Do List.” I want prayer to be apart of my life daily, but not in such a way it causes me more stress. If that makes sense.What are Yours - 2017 Goals & Dreams #wheelsup2017 Click To Tweet
- Qualify for the Olympic Trials – Even sharing this is scary. It’s a dream of mine to qualify for the olympic trials in the marathon, and I know it will take effort and time. It will also take faith and me believing in myself. I know what is required of me, and I don’t want fear to hold me back.
- Starting my Own Coaching Business – This may be something I will have to work on for years, but I dream of having my own nutrition and run coach business, helping others pursue their dreams and passions.
- Grow My Family – This may not happen in 2017, but my dream is to have a big family, adopting children and having more of my own.
My dreams may take some years to realize, but I don’t ever want to stop dreaming big. I don’t ever want to stop running towards my destiny and my Jesus, running toward His plans for my life, His purposes. Rejecting the lies of the enemy.
So here’s to a dreamed filled 2017, living fearlessly and shining bright.
Until Next Time Be Whole and Be Fit
What are your goals / dreams for 2017?