When the first chill hits our city, I immediately find myself making lots of teas and spiced cider. I used to steer clear of hot cocoa, because I didn’t like the conventional mixes. It was a rare treat. Then I realized how simple it is to make your own. And it’s much healthier.
Make a jar for quick filling when it’s cold and you kids or spouse or friends need something warm. I always have some on hand.
- ½ c Cocoa Powder (I use organic)
- ¼ c coconut sugar
- Mix the cocoa powder and sugar together. Keep in a jar or air tight container.
- Shake before each use.
- Spoon 1 heaping tsp (this is a perfect amount for me, some like their's richer) into a coffee mug filled with hot milk (preferrably coconut or almond milk...those are my fav's).
- Enjoy with your friends, spouse of kids.
- Toppings: Marshmallows, coconut creamer, or coconut cream