I love avocados, but I hate the store bought guacamole. Some of the guac in stores doesn’t even use avocados and is just a mix. Hows that for gross? It’s easy to make your own guacamole, and this guarantees you know what’s in the dip. Why buy it with all the additives, when it can take 10 minutes to prepare.
I made this super easy guacamole over Super Bowl to have as a dip and to use in my Vegan 7 Layer Dip (which you should try because it’s amazing). My picky brother-in-love loved it. He is usually leery of my what he calls “too healthy” recipes.
- 3 avocados (make sure they are ripe), peeled and deseeded
- 1½ limes, juiced
- ½ c cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ c sweet onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- ½ c cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 Tbs cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In medium bowl, mash the avocados.
- Add in the lime juice, tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro and cumin and stir until well mixed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let stand in the fridge for an hour before serving, or you can devour on the spot.
- I like mine more chunky, so I don't mash the avocados completely.