We are heading into the weekend….some of you have already started school and/ or you kids have and may or may not be looking forward to a 3 day weekend, while others of us will be heading back to school after Labor Day and/or so will the kids.
I was away at team camp for cross country the last few days. It left me drained, as I lugged around my two kiddos. I was happy to get home for a few days before we enjoy a weekend get-away. I have spent the majority of the last few weeks packing and unpacking. My house needs to be cleaned after having guests in town for L’s birthday party, but that will have to wait until after Labor Day.
To keep the post fun and simple going into the weekend. I wanted to share 10 fun facts about myself. In case you’re wondering, it’s Bry speaking today. I’ve been on Mariah’s case about doing more posts, but what can you do about those younger sisters? 😉
10 Fun Facts About ME
- I love the lake. I love the water. When I retire, it’s definitely going to be on a lake.
- I get overwhelmed with social media and some days I hate it. I hate the fakeness of it all, the way some people almost treat it as their life, as if they live through Instagram or Twitter. It’s sad to me. The posed photos are annoying, and I find myself unfollowing more and more people, because I can’t don’t fake. Life isn’t posed, life isn’t rainbows and butterflies everyday. What happened to real life? So much of social media isn’t real life.
- I’m a book worm. I love a good book. I love murder mysteries, anything law related like John Grishman, books on our history, memoirs, and books about life in the 1800s-1900s. I love reading running and nutrition related books as well. I was such a book worm back in high school and college, I read inbetween classes, as I walked from class to class, and often times ran into things and people. 😉 Lately the only books I have time to read our children’s books. But at least it’s a book.
- I stress easily. To be honest I don’t know if I even know what it feels like to not stress. My life has been chaotic since college, when I decided to finish in 3 years instead of the normal 4 years. I pile on jobs, tasks and life outside of it all, and stress is almost second nature.
- Trail running is my favorite. I don’t get to go as often with kids and our schedule, but I miss the trails and I love them!! It’s the best type of running. There’s no one, it’s quiet and you can soak up the outdoors.
- I’m a dog person, not a cat person.
- I want 6 kids. Marc and I want to adopt. I don’t know what this will look like and when it will happen, but I know I want 4 of our own and then adopt 2 more into our family to become our own. This has always been my number, and even though 2 kids keeps me plenty busy and needing more caffeine, the number hasn’t changed.
- I can’t nap. I never make the time for it, because every minute of my day is full. Even writing this has me feeling guilty, like I could be doing something else.
- I hate doing my dishes, but don’t mind doing others. Dishes are the worst. I feel like most of my time is spent in the kitchen. I spend more time cleaning the kitchen then I do preparing meals, or at least it feels this way. Constantly unloading and loading the dishwasher and constantly washing dishes. For some reason I love doing my sisters dishes, it’s so much easier for me!!
- I graduated with 35 other students. Our high school was small, and my class was one of the biggest in years. It was both fun and hard. Everyone knew everyone, and with that secrets weren’t easily kept and rumors were rampant at times, but it was small town and that meant everyone went to every football game, basketball game and track meet. Young and old.