Another easy and delicious recipe. My sister made a stuffed chicken dish with spinach and pepperjack cheese. I thought it would be great with sweet potatoes as well. Everyone was skeptical, but they turned out great. I made Spinach and Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, and they were loved.
I used vegan mozzarella for mine, but pepperjack cheese for Marc. Again bake the potatoes or microwave them, and then stuff. You can bake them again after stuffing them (I have done it once like this) or if you can’t wait just stuff and eat.
It may seem like an odd combination, but the spinach and avocado pair well with the sweet potato, and the leftovers taste great for breakfast. Yes, I may have done that. A well rounded meal, with vitamin A from the sweet potatoes, some greens, and healthy fat. Yum!! Calories you don’t have to feel guilty about. And a recipe everyone can enjoy.
The spinach avocado mixture is good enough to eat by itself.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed
- ½ tbs oil
- ½ avocado
- 2 cups packed spinach
- ¾-1 c shredded pepperjack cheese or vegan mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Bake sweet potatoes on 400 degrees, wrapped in tin foil until soft or microwave them (without tin foil.
- Meanwhile, heat oil, cheese and spinach in medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Cook until cheese is melted and spinach tender. Stir in avocado and chili powder and smash.
- Once sweet potatoes are soft, remove from oven or microwave, slice in half.
- Fill each sweet potato with the spinach avocado mixture.