I meant to have my post up earlier today, but there were a million and one other things for me to get done. I hope you all had a great weekend. For some the kid’s school has already started and for others this is the last week until school begins. Hopefully you’re able to enjoy the last little bit of summer you have left.
I can’t believe that this is the last week of August. I always feel like summer is a blur. After getting back from Seeley Lake, it was hard to get back into the swing of things and I had to reorganize my days with school starting for me. My last semester Woot Woot!! It was also hard getting back on track with our meals.
Marc and I’s schedule was so hectic, our fridge was almost completely empty besides a huge watermelon and almond milk, before I finally got around to getting groceries. The watermelon is amazing though!! I was in the mood for something Mexican and spicy, but also craving pasta. That’s pregnancy for you.
I blended my two cravings and tried a Mexican Pasta Salad. It turned out to be super good, and with almost all the meals I make super easy. I thought it was definitely worth sharing. And it’s Gluten Free.
There’s only 6 main ingredients, with 3 spices and some olive oil. It has amazing flavor and is great served warmed or cold. I think it would be great with even more veggies, but I only added cherry tomatoes and corn.
- 1 pound Penne Noodles (16 ounce bag), cooked
- 1 15 ounce can Black Beans
- 1½ c Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1½ c frozen Corn, thawed
- ½ c shredded Cheddar Cheese (or more)
- ½ bunch of cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ - ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper (or more to taste)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions in a large saucepan.
- Once noodles are done, drain and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the spices, black beans, tomatoes, corn, cilantro, cheese and oil and mix well.
- Serve warm or serve cold.
Also, we made this huge Veggie Italian Pasta Salad for ourselves. Literally enough for an entire week of meals. I have a problem with portion control I guess.
Hope your week is great!!
Until Next Time Be Whole & Be Fit
What’s you favorite summer pasta salad?