Good Thursday Morning –
It’s Talk It Out Thursday. Bryanna here to rave about my newest obsession: acupressure!!
Okay, so I have always wanted to try a acupressure mat, but didn’t know if I truly wanted to invest in another “running” recovery tool. I think we can want all the gadgets in hopes that it will make our running and recovery easier. I don’t go for all products, but there have been many I have been wanting to try.
So when Doshamat came around, I was curious. I had seen other runners and active lifers using the acupressure mats. I know the benefit of acupuncture, but I have never taken the time to go get poked. To be completely honest, needles scare me and make me nauseous. Recently I have had my fair share of poking, so you’d think I would be better with needles, but I am not. The worst part of any surgery is the IV!! Hahahaha – Okay, I digress. When the kind people at Doshamat reached out to me, I just had to try.
I definitely wasn’t skeptical, but I wondered if it was worth it. And truth be told, I love the acupressure mat. I enjoy it everyday. It sits with me when I sit at my desk and work away. Most days, this is how I use it. Recovery and easing muscle tension, while sitting! So simple. Of course, you can use it to relax and unwind while reading a book on the couch, laying on the floor, or drinking a cup of coffee. Let’s be honest though, if you are a mom, or a working mom, you rarely have time to brush your teeth; thus taking 10 minutes to read a book doesn’t happen. At least it doesn’t for me, and please share your secret if you do!! 😉 I can’t even find time to pee by myself. It’s a bathroom party!!
So, I use my mat while doing other things. Sometimes it’s stretching or on those rare days of sitting down to watch TV. Most of the time, it is at my desk. I love how it relieves pressure and tension, with it’s gentle pressure. Here are my top reasons for loving my Doshamat:
- It is simple to use and doesn’t require any additional time or commuting. You can get some of the same benefits of acupuncture without the price tag, commute and time. Even has same benefits of massage too!!
- It helps to massage and stimulate key points in our body, which can aid sleep, recovery and relaxation. I love the tension it relieves, and the relaxation it provides.
- I have low back pain from child bearing and labor, and laying flat on the mat helps to relieve low back pain and soreness, as well as soreness in the hips, neck and shoulders. I am a tense person, so relieving tension I finds help relieve the pain.
- It’s easy to use at work or at home!!! It’s versatile, in that my husband can use it too! So you’ll get bang for your buck!! That is if you like to share. And it is easy to take with you!! Even fits in the suitcase.
- Improves muscle recovery after workouts — hello runners, don’t we all want faster recovery?!
Other benefits of acupressure include the following: increased energy levels, improved digestion, weight loss through lowering cortisol levels, reduction of stress and anxiety, increased circulation and blood flow, deep calm and relaxation, alleviation of fibromyalgia, myofascial pain, arthritis and sciatic pain.
Want more information on the acupressure mat from Doshamat? Click this link. Doshamat is 100% eco-friendly and doesn’t use chemical laden plastics to make their mats, as other manufactures do and they give back. 15% of their profits go to non-profit organizations that work to provide exercise programs for youth.
Oh and I have to add: it makes a great time out for kids!! Just threaten the Doshamat, my kids are scared of the pokies!! hahahaha – I may or may not have threatened them with sitting on the Doshamat 😉
In all seriousness, you should give it a try if you haven’t tried it yet. If you like acupuncture and even if you don’t, I believe you won’t be disappointed. If you have been wanting to try, but didn’t know if it was worth it, IT IS!! It’s for runners, lifters, bikers, moms, dads, sit at your desk people. Anyone can benefit from using acupressure. My dad and husband have both used it. After all, it helps relieve back pain. It wasn’t as “painful” as I thought it would be. I thought I would have to get used to it, but I could use it bareskin without a problem. In fact, I wish there was a little more pressure from it – my only beef. Give it a try!
Oh and go visit Doshamat on Instagram at @doshamat!!
Disclaimer: Although I was given free product in exchange for this post, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I was not directed in my speech.
Until Next Time Be Whole and Be Fit