I have been going through my recipes and doing a recipe redox. Clearing out the junk and replacing bad photos. Let’s just say my photography skills have improved since I first started this blog 3 years ago. I know surprising, but I’ve actually gotten better even if you don’t think so 😉 I am sure I still have a ways to go. My skill set is definitely not in photography (unlike my husbands, who sometimes I snag to help me) and going through old recipes was kind of embarrassing. Why I ever thought some of those pictures were okay is beyond me. I’ll be honest the food looked gross, even though it tastes great!!
In doing the recipe redox, I was able to play around with some recipes, cleaning them up a bit and changing some ingredients. I also plan to delete some recipes I just don’t think are blog worthy. It’s like a late spring cleaning for the blog and it will lead into a fall and winter cleaning as well. It’s been quite the process.
We all enjoy cold treats when the temperatures start to creep higher and higher. The past few days have been in the 90s here, and there’s no sign of them getting any lower until the end of the week. Let’s just say I live on homemade matcha green tea frappe’s and iced tea, as well as the occasionally banana ice cream treat or just plain old fashioned vegan ice cream. A girls gotta live!!
These Frozen Peanut/Almond Butter Banana Bites, are a great treat for the scorching heat and one of the recipes I recently revisited from over 2 years ago. I received inspiration from my friend Lisa. After trying her recipe, I wanted to change a few things and try making my own recipe. I love her recipe so you need to try those too. I had to try both peanut butter and almond butter, because I like variety. It had been a while since I have made these!!
There wasn’t much to change in my original recipe, but updating the photos. These are great to have on hand for a snack or when you have a sugar craving. What’s not to love about peanut butter or almond butter covered bananas?! I make a bunch and store in an air tight container for up to 3 months in the freezer (I never have them around long enough because they are so good).
Great for the kids too!! They remind me of those frozen monkey tails at the fair. It’s basically like an ice cream treat in my opinion. I grab a few when I have a craving for something sweet, which being pregnant seems to be all the time this time around. A much better way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Almond Butter Frozen Bites
Peanut Butter Frozen Bites
- ¼ c peanut butter or almond butter, or my favorite
- chocolate coconut peanut buttter
- 1 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- ½ tbs ground flaxseed (optional, it make the mixture a little thicker)
- ½ tbs chia seeds
- ½ tbs hemp seeds
- about 1-2 bananas sliced
- In a small bowl stir together peanut/almond butter with melted coconut oil. Mix well.
- Stir in chia seed, hemps seeds and ground flax.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip banana slices into the peanut/almond butter mixture, coating both sides.
- Place dipped pieces on baking sheet. **Your fingers may get a little dirty/sticky (but that's an excuse to lick them when done), and the peanut/almond butter may run a little bit (it will freeze so don't mind that).
- Place in freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- You can transfer them to an airtight, freezer safe container and store for up to 3 months after frozen, or you can eat them all on the spot.
- I made all three different batches with peanut butter, almond butter, and chocolate coconut peanut butter.
Try to stay cool and classy out there folks 😉 I was dripping sweat after my early morning run this morning and it was only 6 a.m. Surviving the summer heat is my new challenge!!
Until Next Time Be Whole and Be Fit
How do you survive the summer heat? What’s your favorite summer treat?