Happy Valentines Day!!
Feeling rested after yesterday’s post? Maybe a little more motivated to hit the sack a little earlier than whats your current norm? I am still trying to get into bed earlier to at least get 7 hours of sleep. It’s tough.
After researching the health benefits it’s been easier. I keep reminding myself and my husband why we need the sleep. So with more sleep, it means I have to have easier recipes to make at times throughout my weeks. Every night can’t be a gourmet, 2 hour prep meal. Crockpot meals and meal prep have to be included now and the occasional organic Mac’n’Cheese, and I am okay with that. Even at times, R and I enjoy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. There’s some give and take.
Now that we have warmed up here in the Inland Northwest, I don’t have to constantly be baking in order to warm my house. So these No Bake Fudgy Breakfast Brownies are a winner!! Give your valentines a late gift with these chocolate favorites.
I’ve been following A Big Man’s World on Facebook. He’s become one of my favorite food bloggers. The recipes are healthy, often times vegan, paleo and gluten free, and they are easy. That’s what I love the most, easy and soo soo good!! Often times the healthier, gluten free foods just aren’t as good, because of texture, and it hasn’t been the case with his recipes. I love them all, or at least the ones I have tried thus far.
I recently made his No Bake Healthy Breakfast Brownies and fell in love, so I want to share them with you. Mostly so I can have the recipe easily accessible to me. I didn’t make much variation to his recipe. I only added peanut butter to my frosting and made way more frosting then needed, but it still made them amazing.
These are paleo, gluten free, vegan and sugar free. They are fudgy, which I love, and if you love chocolate, you’ll appreciate these. I made more for my Mom’s Group today as well. It’s a recipe that even the more unhealthy friends and family will enjoy. Marc gave them a two thumbs up and his parents loved them as well.
These are my favorite brownies to date!! I don’t think there’s anything I don’t like about them. Simple to make, have protein, no processed sugars, 6 ingredients for the brownie, and 3 (of the same ingredients) for the frosting, and no baking required. About 15 minutes to make!! Great for breakfast, snack, dessert and post run. I can’t take credit for them and would never try to. I honestly just can’t get over how great they are!! My favorite.
- ½ coconut flour
- ½ cocoa powder
- 1 -2 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional)
- ½ c nut butter (I used almond butter)
- ¾ c maple syrup or honey
- ½ c mashed sweet potato (or can used pureed pumpkin)
- For Frosting:
- ½ c cocoa powder
- ¼ c coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbs maple syrup or honey
- Splash of vanilla extract
- OR Protein Frosting
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1-2 Tbs granulated sweetener of choice (optional)
- 1-2 Tbs nut butter
- Little milk to form batter
- Line a 8x8 baking dish with wax paper or parchment paper.
- In medium mixing bowl add coconut flour, cocoa powder and chocolate protein powder and combine.
- On the stove, melt almond butter and syrup or honey until combined.
- Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Stir in mashed sweet potato. Batter should be thick.
- (if batter is to thin, add some more coconut flour, or if to thick add a little milk)
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, and press down flat. Store in fridge to allow the bars to firm.
- Make frosting, while bars firm. To make frosting add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir until fully combined.
- Spread frosting onto brownies. Enjoy
- Store in refrigerator.
Um yum!! No Bake Fudgy Protein Brownies - #gf #vegan #paleo & #sugarfree Click To Tweet
I think of them more like a dessert though, but I have had them for breakfast and lunch and dinner, and yes all meals in one day.
Until Next Time Be Whole and Be Fit