This has been a challenging week for the Petrie clan. We have a teething little man with a ear infection, fever and loose stools. Marc got a sinus infection and I have a sinus infection mixed with allergies. Little girl picked up a fever and running nose all in a matter of hours.
I have been neglecting my nutrition to care for everyone else, and as a runner racing at longer distances, I know that my immune system is suppressed, so I should be giving more care to my diet and sleep. It’s just been hard with the busy schedule and the kiddos. Hoping by race day this Sunday, I will be feeling a little better.
This week I did a lot of meal prep so I wouldn’t have to cook every night, because it was a busier week with appointments, clients and meet-ups. I was lucky to have some of my cookie dough bites on hand for R and I to enjoy as we rushed off to various appointments and events.
These Tart Cherry White Chocolate Cookie Dough Bites are so good. I made one version with coconut flour, as many prefer this flour over others, and I used oat flour in another batch. Both equally as good, but the measurements of the other ingredients had to be tweaked for the coconut flour version. I have provided both recipes for your enjoyment.
You can enjoy these post workout, on the run to errands or for a healthier snack to keep hunger at bay. The tart cherries are great for added nutritional benefits and antioxidants, and the white chocolate chips give a little bit of sweetness for those with a sweet tooth, like myself. We have been enjoying them all throughout the day and they have helped me get some nutrition after working out, when I can’t get to breakfast right away. I even added some protein powder to help stave hunger and to generate muscle recovery.
Simple to make and delicious. With R helping in the kitchen things take a little longer and the mess is a litter bigger. But, it is worth it. She enjoys helping me cook, and I love that it’s something we can share together. She also enjoys these cookie bites as much as I do, and she’ll choose these over other sweets. R helps remind me when I need to make more cookie dough bites or protein bites. I made bigger bites this time around so it’s a bite full or two to consume these. They remind me of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, but healthier and with tart cherries. I am sure you could use dried cranberries as well. I need to find a good vegan white chocolate chip. If you have any suggestions let me know!!
- 1¼ c oat flour
- 1½ scoops vanilla protein powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ c + 2 Tbs nut butter of choice
- ¼ c honey or maple syrup
- ¼ - ½ c almond milk (or your choice of milk)
- ¼ c white chocolate chips
- ⅓ c dried Tart Cherries
- Line baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- In medium bowl combine flour, protein and salt. Incorporate together.
- You can melt nut butter and honey/maple syrup until combined and add to dry ingredients or add to dry ingredients without melting (melting makes it easier to mix).
- Mixture will be crumbly.
- Slowly add in milk until a thick dough is formed and easy to roll into balls (add as much milk as needed).
- Stir in tart cherries and white chocolate chips.
- Form into balls and place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to let them firm.
- Store in air tight container in the refrigerator.
[bctt tweet=”Tart Cherry White Chocolate Cookie Dough Bites #nutrition #healthyrecipes” username=”wholesomelybry”]
Coconut Flour Version Tart Cherry White Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- 2/3 c coconut flour
- 1 1/2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 c + 2 Tbs nut butter
- 1/4 c honey or maple syrup
- 3/4 – 1 c almond milk (or choice of milk)
- 1/4 c white chocolate chips
- 1/3 c dried tart cherries
Directions: 1. Line baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
2. In medium bowl combine flour, protein and salt. Incorporate together. 3. You can melt nut butter and honey/maple syrup until combined and add to dry ingredients or add to dry ingredients without melting (melting makes it easier to mix). Mixture will be crumbly. 4. Slowly add in milk until a thick dough is formed and easy to roll into balls (add as much milk as needed). 5. Stir in tart cherries and white chocolate chips. 6. Form into balls and place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to let them firm. Enjoy!!
Serves: 20 big bites
*Store in air tight container in the refrigerator.
Hope you all have a marvelous weekend. I am hoping to get my garden planted and all my flowers. We have made a little progress, but the yard has lots of work still left.
Until Next Time Be Whole and Be Fit