I love making my own protein bites and bars. It’s easy fuel and post workout replenishing, that I try to always have some on hand. It’s cheaper to just make my own, and there’s really not that much time involved.Granola and peanut butter are great, granola and peanut butter together, amazing.
I am always tempted to eat just the mixture with some milk. I actually might try that sometime. You’ll love these any time of day!! They are almost like peanut butter rice krispies in a way, but are packed with protein and very little sugar. Make your own granola for an even better bar. I chose granola with natural sugars. I also add in some ground flaxseed for the fatty acids to help with inflammation. R loves these and wasn’t very happy when she ate the last one and the next morning the fridge was empty of “my bars.” Just means I need to make more.
Keep them gluten free by choosing a gluten free cereal and they are vegan as well. Another easy recipe with very little prep. They keep best in the refrigerator for a week and you can wrap individual bars to carry along with you.
Peanut Butter Crunch Protein Bars #vegan #gf Click To Tweet
Peanut Butter Crunch Protein Bars
Author: Bryanna @ wholesomelyfit.com
Serves: 12-16 bars
Post workout snack or fuel for your next long run
- 1 c peanut butter (I like crunchy) or almond butter
- ¼ c protein powder
- 2 tbs ground flaxseed
- ½ c water (might need more to make it moist and sticky)
- 2-3 c granola or cereal (pick your favorite)
- ¼ c raisins
- Pour peanut butter into medium sized bowl.
- In separate bowl add ground flaxseed and protein powder with water and mix.
- After protein is mixed, add to peanut butter. Then add granola and raisins. Stir it all together, until granola well coated.
- Line a 8 X 8 pan with parchment paper and pour mixture into pan. Evenly spread mixture and pack it down in the pan.
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour. Cut into bars and enjoy after you work up a sweat.
Have a great start to your week!!
Until Next Time Be Whole and Be Fit